- On November 29, 2016, Federal Judges ordered new NC legislative maps, special election: RALEIGH, N.C. - -(AP) -- Federal judges ordered the North Carolina legislature to redraw its own districts by March 15, 2017 to replace ones the judges previously struck down and to hold a special election using the new maps in November 2017. The ruling also means those elected to the state House and Senate in November 2016, in districts where boundaries now will be altered, would serve just one year, not two as expected. Read More
Subsequently, the North Carolina Republican legislators appealed this order of the federal judges to the US Supreme Court. This case is pending.
- On January 10, 2017, the US Supreme Court blocked the November 2016 order of the federal judges. This ruling puts everything on hold while the Supreme Court considers the appeal (of whether the district court was correct to order special elections for 2017).
Click Image Voter Information
State Board of Elections
Your Congressional District
- Candidate Filing Dates: July 7-21, 2017.
- General Election: November 7, 2017, Early voting period: October 19-November 4
- Orange County Election
Chapel Hill Carrboro City School Board of Education; Carrboro Mayor and Board of Aldermen; Chapel Hill Mayor and Town Council; Hillsborough Mayor and Town Commissioners, Mebane City Council
Durham County Election
- City of Durham Mayor and City Council members
Durham Primary Election October 10, 2017; Early voting period: September 21-October 7
Durham General Election November 7, 2017; Early voting period: October 19-November 4
- Chatham County Election
Municipal elections for the city of Pittsboro, Siler City, Goldston and Cary
Locate your congressional district with this mapping tool. Click here
for the mapping tool.
Precincts, sample ballot and maps can be found at the county board of elections.