Approved Agenda Items:
2018 - 2019 Program
The LWVODC Board recommends that the 2018-2019 Program concentrate on the following local activities, which are consistent with the LWVUS Campaign for Making Democracy Work®: Voting Rights, Improving Elections, and Redistricting.
Our Voter Services Action Team will continue working to expand voting rights, to ensure that existing pro-voter laws are being followed, and to challenge all efforts that limit voters' ability to exercise this basic right. Voter Services will also work to improve the voting experience, expand early voting, and improve polling place management in Orange, Durham, and Chatham Counties.
The Fair Elections Action Team (FEAT) will continue its work to educate voters about the impact of redistricting on fundamental voting rights and inform them about the status of LWVNC's various legal actions challenging racial and partisan gerrymandering at the state and federal levels.
The LWVODC Board further recommends that existing Action Teams continue their work for 2018-2019.
2018 - 2019 Elected Officers
President: Krishna Mondal, Orange County
Vice President: Patricia McDaniels, Chatham County
Secretary: Tara Fikes, Durham County
Treasurer: Cynthia LaMaster, Durham County
Nominating Committee Chair: Pamela Oxendine, Durham County
Elected Board Members to serve 2018-2020
Joal Broun, Orange County
Kathleen Wright, Durham County
Current Elected Board Members serving the second year of 2017-2019:
Amy Jeroloman, Orange County
Jennifer Rubin, Durham County
2018-2019 Nominating Committee Chair: Pam Oxendine
1. Publicity/Media Process and Contacts, updated April 2018; docx file
1. Impact on Issues, 2016-18
2. LWV Transformation Roadmap
3. LWVEF Observing Your Government
4. League of Women Voters Education Fund Clearinghouse contains studies and research conducted by League members. Visitors may download and print the documents. League members may submit documents for this site
5. LWV Join Now The logo can only be used on official LWV documentations.
6. LWV Logo
Voter Service Information
1. LWVODC Candidates Forum Agreement: Rules and Format, updated Sept. 2013
2. Candidates Forum Sample Materials:
- Invitation letter to candidate - Follow up letter to candidate- Forum flyer
3. Voter Registration Training Slideshow