Any person 16 or older may become an active and voting member of the League. Membership in any local league automatically confers membership at the state and national levels. With membership comes the opportunity to work on local, state, regional and national issues. For more information on membership, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Membership dues, the most important part of our overall income, meet the administrative expenses of our League. They support our community forums, membership meetings, and voter education through candidate forums, voter services, and community education. A portion of each member's annual dues is paid to the National and State LWV to assist their efforts on behalf of all Leagues.
There are two ways in which you may join the League of Women Voters: by Check or Online.
When you pay your membership dues, please consider making a donation. Donations are an important source of support for our League and can be conveniently made when you pay your membership dues. We welcome donations to both these organization, either by check or online:
* League of Women Voters of Orange Durham Chatham:
Add your donation amount to your dues amount on the same check, and make check to LWVODC; these donations are not tax-deductible. If you are paying your dues online, you may make this donation online.
* LWVODC Education Fund:
Write a separate check to LWVODC Education Fund; these donations are tax-deductible. Mail this check in the envelope with your dues check. You may also make this donation online.
1. Pay your membership dues by check
Click here for membership form (pdf format) that can be completed after printed or here for membership form (document format) that can be completed on the computer and then printed. Mail your completed membership form with your check(s) to:
PO Box 3397
Chapel Hill NC 27515-3397
2. Pay your membership dues online, using credit card
You may use your credit card via PayPal to pay membership dues (and donation) online. Although your payment will go through PayPal, you do not need a personal PayPal account to make an online payment to the League.
Please let us know what areas of the League of Women Voters you are interested in receiving more information on and/or how you would like to participate with the League. Please complete our Interest Survey and either mail it to LWVODC, PO Box 3397, Chapel Hill, NC 27515-3397, or complete the form on your computer and email it to our Membership Director at email@example.com. The Interest Survey is in two file formats, a document file, which can be competed on your computer and emailed or mailed to LWVODC at the above address, or a pdf file.
- Single Membership, July 1, 2017 - June 30, 2018: $60.00: Please indicate whether you are renewing your membership or are a new member by selecting "Status" on the drop-down menu below and then selecting either "Renewing Member" or "New Member". Thank you.
- Two Memberships in the same household, July 1, 2017 - June 30, 2018: $90.00. Please indicate whether you are renewing your memberships or are new members by selecting "Status" on the drop-down menu below and then selecting either "Renewing Members" or "New Members". Thank you.
- Associate Membership for full-time students 16-years old or older, July 1, 2017 - June 30, 2018: $30.00. Please indicate whether you are renewing your membership or are a new member by selecting "Status" on the drop-down menu below and then selecting either "Renewing Member" or "New Member" Thank you.
You do not need to have a PayPal account to donate to the League.
- Non Tax-Deductible Donations to LWVODC. These donations support the LWVODC's action priorities.
- Tax-Deductible Donations to the LWVODC Education Fund. These funds support research and publications, and enables LWVODC to hold forums and to disseminate information and training to citizens. For more information about the Education Fund click here.